Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter gift-set

This weeks challenge at Susana's Store blog is to prepare a gift set. I decided to prepare an Easter gift-set -since the holiday is almost around the corner.

For my card I decided to colour the
Buttermilk Hen with my copics and then create a card 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" with my soft blue cardstock and the DPs from Laura Ashley.
I used my sandblock on the DP edges.
I then found an old mini-basket to put my gift in - being eggs and hens for decoration of a sprig of (birch) twigs. I added some matching ribbon from SU. After that I altered a match box with the same set of DPs and then used my SU punches to cut out the image - Violet Cupcake with. The image is also coloured in matching colours with the DP with my copics. Added a Bella Bauble to the center of the DP flower.Flowers is always a must when it's time for gifts - so I decided to use this tall vase that is perfect for one single flower. (It's sooo tall - and that's why the first picture in this post is a little bit blurry - sorry for that)

I added a "tag" on the vase/flower. This "tag" can also hold some small items - like a piece of chocolate. However - I needed something to go with the matches and then the incense (that my sister-in-law purchased in India) was just perfect. I picked the one's that had the matching colours - of course ;-))

Julia with flowers had to be on this tag with the matching DPs. I wanted to colour her with a more "Laura Ingalls"-style - if you know what I mean. The different warm greys does not really show here, but.....
Well - now it's your time to be creative - so please share your gift-set ideas with us and upload them on SCS or PCP with the keyword "TIOT12".

Kram - Anki

17 comments:

stampingtink said...

Anki, what a lovely gift set! I adore Julia and think she's perfect for this time of the year. And your papers are gorgeous and I love the smaller card. I'm going to try those!
Beautiful job!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWWWW Anki, this is beautiful... I love how you've tied everything in together. Lucky is the one receiving this =)
Hugs
Lynda =)

Anonymous said...

Anki you have created a beautiful gift set. so pretty. hugs rachxx

Danni said...

What a wonderful job!! I love Little House on the Prairie and your reference to Laura brought back so many happy memories!!
Great set!

Christine Riley said...

So, so cute, Anki! Love the set, great coloring.
Hugs, Christine :)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Such a pretty gift set and perfect for Easter, Anki! I just love it & love all the different images you've used! Great job on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

Susana M said...

Hej Anki,
This is a sweet set and I love the scale of it from the card to the basket to the flower :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

sandla said...

amazing anki you have done a great job

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow.. how gorgeous does all this look?!
You've been so busy and creative :)
Big hugs,
Marlene x

Jeanette said...

WOW! Anki! This is the most wonderful set of projects! I love that Dp you have used and all your wonderful ideas. You are right...Julia looks so much like Laura Ingall....love those books! I am just blown away Anki! Hugs Jeanette

Maria Matter said...

Anki, such a great Easter gift set!
Everything is so pretty!
I love working with your stamps, I used Julia with purse for my little gift set!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Jodi said...

Love your project Anki!! You've come up with a great idea for a wonderful Easter gift!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Riet said...

what a beautiful cards and creations Anki.

hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

Anki this is such a wonderful gift set sweetie, my favourite part is Julia with flowers, she is so sweet xx

Evelina Wikberg said...

Underbara creationer, Anki. Har barnen lov i Sverige nu ocksa? Jag har varit ute pa stranden med nagra kompisar och barnen hela dagen. Vi hade sommar vader!!Jag ska till Sverige i sommar pa klasstraff fran gymnasiet!! Da kanske vi kan traffas. Jag vet inte vart klasstraffen ska vara annu. Min kompis Sarah sa att du hade varit pa hennes blog, hon sa att du verkade vara jattegullig. Du skulle alska hennes affar, jag vill kopa allt dar. Nu maste jag ga och gora lite kort for jag ar ju sa efter med allt...ha en harlig helg. Puss och kram.

Ulwa said...

Hej!
Vilket underbart presentset. Du har varit kreativ som vanligt, härligt. Inspirerande!!!
//Ulwa

Crissy Armstrong said...

Julia is gorgeous. I love her and the hen too. I love your creation here! Beautiful work!