Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Card for Max

Well - as we are going to visit friends over in Chicago - then I of course needed to make some cards for our friends sweet kids - Mya and Max. So here you have the card that I made for Max - he turns 1 soon.

Finally I got to colour this Cowboy Ethan - the very first digital stamp that I purchased.

I red the story behind him on PCP and purchased the stamps over at Pink Cat Studios. Ethan's story really touched me and many more. Did you know that the set raised over $2000 for Make a Wish Foundation of Illinois....isn't that awesome, all in honor of the sweet Ethan.

Ethan's mother - Alicia is also a very talented crafter and I am so touched by her open heart and that she has the strength to share the loss of a child and how life now needs to go on without him.

I coloured Cowboy Ethan with my copics and used my SU DPs for the different layers. Chalked with pine cone - as always these days. Added Max - letters that I got from my sweet friend Serena. Also - can you see - no embellies what so ever. It was hard to stay away from it, but these sweet images really made it so much easier.

Warm hug to Alicia and her family and you know that we are thinking about you. I will be back tomorrow with my card showing Cowboy Ava.

Anki

5 comments:

Tammi said...

That's great the set made that much, a great cause! Your card is cute as can be, amazing coloring and love the name on there. Have a wonderful day Anki! ~Hugs

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Anki,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!! Enjoy your trip!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Another cutie! Anki great job and good to hear the set made that much for a great cause!
Have fun and a save trip! Too bad its too far away for a meeting.

Big hugs to you my friend
Iris

Serena said...

Me too I bought these cute stamps,I trust in these causes...
Beautiful cards:)

Hugs,
Serena