Followers

Friday, May 1, 2009

B'day card for Lars

Another sunny day here in Sweden. Must say that I do not really want to spend it indoors to finish of the tax declarations, but I guess I have to......
Just wanted to share the card that I made for my brother-in-law who turned 40 yesterday.

I coloured Charlie Bond from WoJ with my copics - I think he is just perfect when you need to make more masculine cards - if you know what I mean. Cut him out with my nesties.

I also printed out the Swedish Happy B'day song. Teared the paper and chalked the edges with pine cone. Added some buttons from stash and cut out Lars and 40 with my Revolution. Alphabet = Eliza.
My brother-in-law is an electrician - so I found some cables to attach to the card. Can't say that it was easy to make them stick to the papers...hihi....

Added some dew drops as well and highlights with my white gel pen.

This time I even got the time to make the inside of the card. Not as nice as my lovely blog- friends Rach, Marlene and Judy, but... I wanted to make a fun collage with Lars and went to My Heritage - to see what celebreties he lookes like. If you have not tried this - it's so much fun ;-)) Used the left overs from my DP and chalked the edges with Pine cone. I also printed out the meaning of his name - Lars.


Well - hope you all will have a sunny day and time to enjoy it.
Kramis - Anki

7 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful creation Anki,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

oh Anki this is a fantastic card and so creative.. what a wonderful idea to add the electrician wire. and the inside is another stroke of genius.. well done sweetie. this is amazing. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Super fab my fried :)
and thanks for the link to my heritage.. I've not done this before and will definately give it a try.. sounds like fun!
Have a great weekend hun,
Hugs, Marlene x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card Anki!! I love the image and the torn music paper looks fabulous! The inside is such a wonderful idea ...so funny!I only do my insides if I have some time!!!

Looking forward to working with you!!
Judy xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Anki, I love your colouring and design and how you personalised the inside, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Great idea to use music papers!

Renata

Rosette said...

Such a cute idea, love how you persoanalised the inside! It's fab!!